1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First gig with GK 700rb...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nitsuj, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Brought out my new 700, along with 2 Neo 112s, last night for a show. I have to say that I am very impressed! I was able to get a tone warm enough that my VT pedal will now be used mainly for when I have to use someone else's gear. I am very happy with my new rig.

2. that is a hell of an amp there!

3. the cabs rock too! sure there might be other cabs that would sound better, but these sounded sweet last night... and for the price?... and for the weight?...
    I'll use 1 for quite gigs and rehearsals; 2 for bigger gigs or when a drummer is around.

4. bought it new ?

5. My VT is still quite integral to my 700RB/112......

:)

awesome amp!

6. bought it new at a great price. I find I'm getting VT-like tones without the VT, one less 9-volt and cable to worry about. I'm 100% satisfied with my tone (and portability; and price paid).:hyper:

7. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    The 700rbii is such a sweet head. I've had mine for just about 3 years now, and love it each and everytime I use it. I use the older series 1 neo 12's (112 and a 212).... I have darn near everything covered with this setup.

The VT has a certain appeal to it, but everytime I go to get one, I back up and think, "Why do I want ampeg tone when I'm so happy with the GK tone I'm getting now?"

The 700rbII is destined to be a classic.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020