First gig with my Carvin RL 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by in2dagrave, Jan 16, 2006.

1. This is to all the Carvin naysayers out there that were s#@t talking carvin carvin RL 8x10 cabinet rocks!!!

I had quite a few compliments on the sound of this cab...

the price was right and the sound was even better!!!
  2. Was this show with your heavy metal band?
  3. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Did I ever tell you about my Carvin 810 cab?? Well, sit back....

OK, so I was playing with this LOUD band, and my two PV 210TX cabs were giving it all they were worth to do the gig. I cruise ebay and see a "carvin 810" cab for sale, cheap. I bid, I win. I think "cool, I just got a carvin 810 cab for like 130 bux". Well, I did, in fact, get an 810 cab. What I didn't realize at the time was that the "810" is an 8ohm, single 10" cab with a piezo horn. Lucky me! It all worked out tho, as that cab became a keyboard monitor for one of my wedding band clients. It does amazing things hanging on one channel of a QSC PL236 as a monitor! :)

Enjoy the 8X10,

4. T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    I like Carvin cabs, too. :bassist:

I thought of purchasing the RL810T, but my back hurts just thinking about lugging it around. Actually, I might downgrade to a RL210T.

5. Well I was going to get at that it's not that loud and breaks up at high volumes especially if his gig was with his metal band (and no reviews should be done before a couple of gigs) but i'm a little slower i guess ;)
    Not a bad sound, just make sure to try to gig with it a couple of times before your 10 day trial period is up... cheers and good luck.
  6. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I've been using a Carvin RL6815 combo for the last four years and have had absolutely no problems. I happen to really love the tones I get from it as well. A lot of people don't like them, but whatever. I don't like Ampeg amps and cabs. The key to gear selection is to find what you like and stick with it. Don't let other people tell you that something is crap if it gives you what you want. Congrats on the purchase and good luck with the band.
  7. yes it was with my metal band...this cab is everything i couldnt find in a swr or ampeg cab...

i cant wait to hook it up with my 2-15 kustom cab for x-tralarge shows!!!
  8. Marshman

Feb 15, 2006
    I picked up a used Carvin 4x10 a few years back. Got a decent deal on it, and the only problem it gives me is the casters being totally shot and falling out of the bottom every time it comes off the ground.

I also own a Carvin PA head, the 12 ch, 3 amp job. The cooling fan died 4 DAYS AFTER warranty expired. Carvin fixed it anyway AND threw in a bunch of the little knob heads that fell off. And they paid half the shipping.

You'll never hear me bad-mouth 'em.