Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Gig With New Band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by fastplant, Jan 28, 2003.

1. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, this weekend was my first shows with my new band SideShow. We played both Friday and Saturday night, and let me say these were both the best shows I've ever played. Both places were packed and people were dancing the whole night. Usually, I'm lucky if someone at least claps at the end of a song :D But these people were eating everything up that we threw at them. I'm very excited about this band. Our next show is this Saturday, I hope it's at least somewhat like this last weekend. The money's not bad either, hehe.

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats, sounds like the gigs were quite a success. Good luck this Saturday (although, it sounds like you guys will do just fine.) :)

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, thanks! It's about time I'm playing in a good band, most of the bands I've been in either weren't very good or people didn't respond well, so now it's great to be in one that is both.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

:cool: You got $$$$$$$$$$$!":cool:

5. Funny how a packed dance floor makes things more fun.

:cool:

b

6. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Very true, even though some of our songs are not fun to play, once you see people getting into it, it makes those dull songs really fun to play.