1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First Gig with U Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tin Dog, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Tin Dog

Tin Dog

Dec 9, 2011
    Melb, Aust.
    I just played my first gig for the year with my band and used my U bass on the first two songs. We are called Neatly Folded Goat and you can hear us here. http://www.reverbnation.com/neatlyfoldedgoat
    I played the U Bass on "Upon her Ocean" the first song in our set. As I started, I looked over at the sound engineer and saw his eyes widen and mouth the word f**k, while he adjusted the desk. I looked over to a friend, also a bass player and saw him say f**k. No-body expects such fat bottom end from what someone at the gig called a toy. I play through a Mark Bass Compressore then into a Sans Amp then into my Little Mark Tube 500 and out through David Eden 2x12 bin. I had a sweet spot on the stage where I could feel the bass through my feet. It was one of those perfect gigs.
    I got plenty of possitive comments about the U Bass after the gig. I love my new toy.