1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Gig!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by FatboyJ115, May 11, 2015.

1. Well guys, I've been playing for 10 months and played my first "show" today. Once I explain It might seem less impressive. Besides the fact of there being over 1200 people.:D

It was the high-school-band dream of playing the Talent show. We did it, passed through try outs, and played the show today. Standing in front of 1200 people and getting probably the largest applause from the entire show. We didn't have a vocalist but we covered

which was pretty fun (and fast as hell) to play, Loved every second of the show.
    I honestly can't wait till we start playing more shows this summer. :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Congrats! I'm glad it went well. I hope you have some pictures to share. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. I'll post pictures when I get them. I have no clue where to find them, I know alot of people took videos/photos.

BassCliff likes this.
  4. Right on dude!

5. Rock on man! Most impressive playing I ever did (from a technical standpoint) was at a high school talent show 12 or 13 years ago. Keep it up man, the world needs bass players.

6. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    congrats on your first show! and for getting plenty of applause, too :)

7. Chains

Chains

Jan 22, 2014
    You are now forever addicted. Welcome to the club!

8. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Apr 10, 2012
    Los Angeles
    High school talent shows as first gigs are awesome memories to look back on trust me. Glad it went well.

mc900ftj likes this.
  9. Isn't it fun? My first show and paid gig was May 2nd in front of maybe 30 people. Probably less (fight night).

2nd show is Saturday to probably thousands (a festival). Cant wait.

Keep the bass heavy ;)

10. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    Way to go! Keep it up and enjoy!

11. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    I'm so happy for you!
    Welcome!
    Don't ever stop banging away at it!
    Wear ear protection.
    Spend some time with the Allman Brothers and Little Feat and The Grateful Dead! It'll do ya good! :thumbsup: