1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by El Barbero, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let everybody know that after 6 years, and at the age of 60 I played my first gig last Friday, and what a blast that was. The best buzz of my life. One very happy bunny.:D

I played with a good friend of mine who's a 35 year pro, did about 45 min in the middle of his normal 3 hour set.

Very nervous before going up, couldn't remember a single thing I'd ever learned never mind what the set list was. But thankfully that went when we started and very (I thought) strangly so did all thought of an "audience". It was as if we were just playing together.

We are going to do it again and build up to 2 of the 3 hour set one of his 5 nights a week. To use an English expression I'm made up with that.

Still can't figure out how to upload pics, must be my age.;):D

2. Hi.

Congrats, it's never too late ;).

For pics, I've chosen http://photobucket.com/ to host my photos.

I use the -link to link the pics directly to the thread.

Regards
    Sam

3. Congratulations, barbero. I'm very happy for you bud

4. That is really cool.Practice alot and enjoy the times when it all comes together.

5. dukaruk

dukaruk

Mar 12, 2008
    Saint Louis, MO
    NIce work! Sounds like you are having a good time.

6. Hey, Barbero ENHORABUENA.

7. Way to go. The best high ever...

8. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    thats coo man, keep working and dont forget to have fun

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020