first gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Blunk, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Blunk

Aug 14, 2002

We played our first gig last night - WOW! I'm hooked on playing live now:D At a house party - it was cool - out beside the pool. At the start - we open with Are You In (Incubus) - i was a bit nervy and missed my cue but kept it together.

Fair enough quite a few people there were friends of ours but still it felt unreal...and we got a load of people clapping/jumping along to aeroplane - i played that song better that than i've ever played it before, i didn't sleep a wink the night after it i was on such a buzz!

And when we played "You Know You're Right!", it was insane to look out at people going nuts.

I was kinda nervous at the start - not as much as i had anticipated - but the first chorus in Are You In, i felt so was amazing. I'm still smiling.

We got asked to play at a few other parties on the back of that performance, we had a few people try to heckle us too - they got thrown out by a few of my larger friends ;)

I just can't wait for our next practice and then our next gig!!!!!!
  2. mcbosler

May 12, 2000
    Plano, TX
    Playing live and having fun is one of the best parts of being a musician (especially if you're the social type). Next time you guys play you should try having a 5-10 minute jam where you just interact with each other on the spot somewhere in the middle of your set - that's where the best stuff usually comes out. What's even cooler is when you play AND get paid (what could be better than getting paid for having fun?). Good luck with the gigs; hope you enjoy.