Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First H-C Wishnevsky Review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkycarnivore, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    That "review" almost reads like a parody.

The only thing that review is missing is a good ol' fashioned "I kiss you!!!". ;)

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    come on, fess up Funky- you know you traded that Fodera for the Anniversary model !:cool:

3. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    "It has a wood body, wood neck, and wood fretboard with no frets."

I've always wondered if the wood/wood/wood combination would give me the fat low-end and sweet highs I've been looking for.

"Four tuners, one on each string to make it sound like the right note. "

sweet. And Les plays for Primess now ?:)
    What a hoot, and that's only the first paragraph.

4. Hehehe, he said he played jazz, hehehe.

5. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    What?! No "trust rod"? :D :rolleyes:

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Oh god... is that a joke? No seriously, is it?

Four tuners, one on each string to make it sound like the right note.

ON the string? I'm not getting a clear mental picture here...

Wish is better because it is custome made by a guy instead of bye a machine. Every body always says that I am good at base

Whoa, this guy is almost dumber than that Zander Starr dude. Almost!

Except it doesn't have a trust rod

LOL!!!

Any other Wishnevsky reviews?

7. That has to be bogus. 'Fess up, who did it?

-Dave

8. look at the parentheses, that right there proves that this is a joke and that the horrible spelling and such was pretend. Good joke though.

9. where was John Turner at the time that "review" was posted?
    ;)

10. Okay, okay. I confess. It was my sister, Francesca.

11. Anyone else noticed that every H-C reviewer says he plays jazz?

"Uh, I know how to play a major seventh chord...yeah, I play jazz, man."

12. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Oh no! It doesn't have a trust rod. Can we really trust a bass's quality if it doesn't even have a trust rod?:rolleyes:

This has to bogus. Maybe Wishnevsky made the review himself to make himself feel better. "Custom Support: He is a nice guy." He even decided to throw in a little self flattering.

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Man!! i cant wait for my spalted bubinga/buckeye fingerboard 3 string!! we are going to introduce the access-bass model in 2003-

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    HA ha, yeah, everyone knows to play jazz you have to suck so much @$$ it's not even funny...

But no really, i'm good, i play jazz. um, punchy? and uh, good lows, good highs? and uh, quilted maple top? and uh,,,, and bubuniga top? and uh, neck thru? string thru? even sounding? dynamics? uh, theory? and anything else i should say to make myself better? oh yeah, 8x10 ampeg and eden. See? i am good. Oh yeah, and i play with my fingers, of course.

But really, is this guy for real, and you guys make fun of him? or is this the imaginery "Worst bass ever made" luthier?

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "It dosen't look like Wishnevsky is very good at woring with wood."

It doesn't look like the reviewer is very good at "woring" with words...:p

16. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hmmm. Whos the "Dave" who posted the other review? Sock Justice or..............Dave Pomeroy!?:eek: (Well....he DOES have one )

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think I'll take the machine in this case. At least the machine knows how to install "trust" rods.

If that is a parody it's pretty masterful. I agree though with whoever above mentioned the parenthesis. That's the only thing that makes me think it is a parody. Otherwise, someone has the "dumb redneck" down pat. Reminds me of guys I grew up with. Whoever wrote that is now kickin' back and watching this thread with a feeling of smug satisfaction.

brad cook

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh and people, let's not start a string of fake copycat reviews on Harmony Central please! I don't want to be seeing a "J. Turner" review of the Rogue 2 string bass ("it had fore string but that wus too many so I jiggled two of 'em right off") nor do I want to hear how wild "P. McFerrin" supposedly is about OLP ("Them dang ole OLP's (how do you pernounce that anyway?) is like the musicmans but theys is better cause they costed less and that make me feel smug.").

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the Wishnevsky fan club. Thanks.

brad cook

:D

19. Oh no, you guys aren't pinning one of these one me! I was...brushing my teeth...all last night. I have four people who can corroborate my story. It was our weekly teeth brushing...club. Yes, that's the ticket.

But seriously, you can rule me out, I clearly don't have the brain power to forge a Harmony-Central review. All those buttons, and letters...way beyond my personal expertise. The caps lock button still scares me.

I blame it on politics.

-Dave