First half-gig.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Well, with my new band, we played a half gig.

Went into a hall and jammed. Our timing was good.. The crowd sucked. They were those kind of people who don't know what REAL music is..

Nearly every song we went into during the bridge we went into another song then finish of fthe first one, or just jammed for 10mins. :)

Was great, until the people got really pissed and tried to turn off our amps and turn of fthe lights (which really didnt do any harm.. specially when some people got a headstock in their face :)), so we played "Chop Suey!" and then "Bounce" then "FOD" which stabds for "f#@k off and die". they got REALLY pissed at the loudness and the lyrics. the next thing I saw was a chair flying at me. Hit my bass. Chipped my baby She(guitar), then broke the pickguard, where the jack is, a nice crack at the end of it. I gave my bass to the guitarist, then chased after this lil prick, and shoved his head in his ass. He had been saying we sucked all night etc.

There wasn't that many boo's after that. We played a few more songs then went home.

I hate these kinda of people. A few of them even knew what we were sing etc and wouldn't respond when we did our "HEEEEY HOO" act.

I can't even think how many times someone tried to un-tune my bass. What sucked even more was when they started chanting "Hello! helloo, we are the billy boys.. " becuase my guitarist is a catholic.
    That chant is what Prodesents sing as a slur to Catholics. he got mad, for a few mins, but was fine when we all started to take the crap out of the crowd. Drummers are great sometimes.. Specially when he is 6' 6" :D

LiL BaS DuDe out.
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I find that 95% of the time the reason hecklers are hecklers are because they are just simply jealous.
  3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, either that or the stories they appear in are farces...

4. LoL. Thanks! :)
  5. Was the crowd made up of punksters? I have found punksters to be the worse type of crowd. (i'm only talking from experience here) what with all that "grooving" thrashing the arms, fly kicking punching the air crap. Being in a metal bad thats played with a few punk bands on, it is obvious who the quiet ones are. Its certainly not the punks. In fact one bouncer said to me "the reason i am working here is to stop those punks thinking they're tough and picking fights with the metal heads who ultimately win anyway".. now thats my kinda bouncer!

6. No, none of them were punks. If you wanna label them, Jocks/Townies/Prepies/Neds/Dicks/Assholes best way to describe them ;)

I've play a half-gig with Punksters, they enjoied us :)

I can't think of anything better than seeing over a dark mosh-pit seeing everyone going nutz - jumping, headbanging etc.. It's great :D