1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First home recording experience looking for advice

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Music_for_life, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    It is the pre.recording so I can still adjust some things, and polish soundwise, but fortunately I think things are going well.
    I like the tone of the sadowsky pre.
    We are trying to do our best without expending a lot of money in a recording studio.
    It will be informative and helpfull to receive some feedback in order to finish this song and make the best out of it.
    We will make a video clip of this tune.
    It is a pop metal song with some latin flavour and some palm mute playing. I`ve tried to play on the middle of the beat, not behind (exept on some parts I lay behind), the drums and bass where recorded separated and the drum is an electronic drum with vsts.
    Any feedback (positive or negative) will be well received.

How do you listen to the tune in terms of groove, time and tone??

SONG!!!
    [SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/darryljones83/saturadom/s-IKduR[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    BUMP

3. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Does anybody have anything to say?

4. mindwave_21

mindwave_21

Oct 18, 2007
    Feels pretty tight in terms of rhythm section, though the bass is a bit too up front and that plus guitars is drowning out the vocals. Not sure if that's the limiter or what that's causing the vocals to drop when the song comes in, but there's a noticeable drop in volume.