First impressions of my new Acme cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incubus2432, Apr 5, 2002.

1. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Well I must say that I was a tad concerned that I wouldn't like my Low B-2's when I got them after responses to my last post (about volume concerns).
    I received them today and I must say (with all due respect:D ) that you guys are seriously wacky if the volume out of a pair of these things with 500 watts each isn't loud enough for you! I am amazed at the volume and clarity of these cabinets........better than I could have thought. At band practce (with no PA except for vocals) against my guitarist's 100 watt 1/2 stacks the Acmes will be working hard but shouldn't have much off a problem.
    With my Rics, SVP-Pro preamp and Ashley FET-2000M the tone is amazing. VERY clear and strong from low B to whatever harmonics I can throw at it.
    They look great and are relatively light.......perfect.
    It was mentioned that the PA-like tone from the cabs is a downside in cutting through the mix........I'lll let you guys know (if you want) how things go at my gig this weekend (typical dive bar........great for a metal band).
    After hearing these for only a few hours I can't imagine NOT having them. My only concern now is that I may be cutting it close on headroom (will find out more when it isn't 2AM) so I may get a 700 watt/channel amp if I get a little distortion on the lows.......but that didn't seem to be an issue in my brief high volume run at midnight when I got home from work.
    Anyway I just thought I would post about my utter giddiness:p
  2. Well great! It's nice they worked well at practice. When you've tried them out in a club with 300 people in it, get back to us.