Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First impressions of my new Acme cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incubus2432, Apr 5, 2002.

1. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Well I must say that I was a tad concerned that I wouldn't like my Low B-2's when I got them after responses to my last post (about volume concerns).
    I received them today and I must say (with all due respect:D ) that you guys are seriously wacky if the volume out of a pair of these things with 500 watts each isn't loud enough for you! I am amazed at the volume and clarity of these cabinets........better than I could have thought. At band practce (with no PA except for vocals) against my guitarist's 100 watt 1/2 stacks the Acmes will be working hard but shouldn't have much off a problem.
    With my Rics, SVP-Pro preamp and Ashley FET-2000M the tone is amazing. VERY clear and strong from low B to whatever harmonics I can throw at it.
    They look great and are relatively light.......perfect.
    It was mentioned that the PA-like tone from the cabs is a downside in cutting through the mix........I'lll let you guys know (if you want) how things go at my gig this weekend (typical dive bar........great for a metal band).
    After hearing these for only a few hours I can't imagine NOT having them. My only concern now is that I may be cutting it close on headroom (will find out more when it isn't 2AM) so I may get a 700 watt/channel amp if I get a little distortion on the lows.......but that didn't seem to be an issue in my brief high volume run at midnight when I got home from work.
    Anyway I just thought I would post about my utter giddiness:p

2. Well great! It's nice they worked well at practice. When you've tried them out in a club with 300 people in it, get back to us.