1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Jam in a few years!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by baddarryl, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all I hooked up with some guys from Craigslist tonight and had a good time. They sent me a list of six songs to study just 5 days ago. As I didn't know any of them I walked in with not a whole lot of confidence, but I had put the work in this week. I pull up and the guitar player says to me well I've never played with this drummer so let's see how it goes. I thought that I was walking into an audition with two guys that have been playing together. Well I felt a little rough in some spots, but overall was received very well by them. Seems we are on the same page and may be able to set some goals. Now I have a list of more songs to learn and we're going to start looking for a singer. It was fun! I have not played much with other people so it was a nice confidence boost as both of these guys are veteran players. Seeing as how most songs I know from Guitar I am going to have to learn the bass lines for just about everything that we do. I am looking forward to the challenge. I mostly know 90s and Metal and they are headed in the direction of Government Mule, The Black Keys and stuff like that so seems like it'll be cool. Just wanted to share that it was fun and I had a good time.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Wisebass, mobdirt, Oddly and 2 others like this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    I went through the same thing a few years ago after finding some bandmates whom I started with in middle school. They had been jamming for awhile and were all veteran/semi-pro players.

Once I got going with them, everything went great. We shared rental on a backline studio. Got songs from the guitar player who also sang.

Good luck.

mobdirt likes this.
  3. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    That sounds very promising. Hope it'll work up into a fun project for you.

mobdirt likes this.
  4. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    Good luck :)

5. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    :thumbsup: :bassist:

6. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    My wife and I met the drummer and his wife for dinner at the karaoke bar tonight and when my back was turned he kept digging her so is he into it is he into it? I view that as a good sign!