Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

first live performance

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bobaweeka, Jul 26, 2001.

1. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    I played my first real performance just a couple days ago at a talent show in the middle of a fair. There was like 300 people there and they loved it. We only played one song which was a cover of Good Charlotte's "Little Things" , but it sounded pretty good considering we only worked on it for a day. We didn't win the talent show, unfortunately, but it was a great experience. I signed autographs :D It almost makes me cry that the winning act was a guy lip-syncing to a country song. Got another show coming up in two days in the midst of a festival. Anyways just thought I have a little show and tell.

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    Sounds great. Keep on playing out as much as you can. Good luck at your festival show and....to hell with country lip-syncers!

3. OUCH ! you lost from a country-singer ? man that must really hurt like hell :D

Anyway.. looking forward on a story of your 2nd gig :)

4. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    Played another talent show today. This time I got second. Got what we deserved finally. We beat a band that was supposed to take it all.And thanks for the sympathy, guys :)

5. whiteshadow

whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    Ohio
    I figured I'd just add my first live thing as well. It was at my school's talent show try-outs. We only got to the try-outs because the principal disapproved of the lyrics to Weezer's "Say it Aint So". That bummed me out. We rocked out pretty well, except the fact that the singer decided to not sing audibly. Nonetheless, it was mighty fun...

6. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    I think my school would kick me on stage if I got there... I was going to do Kittie (which I don't like, but Brackish is ok) and Marilyn Manson for one of my school's talent show type things and I was explicitly forbidden...