1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First live recording. Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hoyt, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Well, the title explains it all. But please keep in mind before you judge too harshly, that it was a band contest with house gear (drums were REALLY out of tune)... Anyway, please let me know what you think....

http://www.purevolume.com/psychas

I'm playing my King Doublebass Roadking through a Genz-Benz head... I know I suck, but it was fun!!!

2. God! that's awesome!

I like it!

3. Really?, I thought I should have played my Warwick Jazzman, my URB seemed to make the guitars sound anemic...

4. Yea It sounds good!

5. how/with what did you record?
    like the riffs and the whole sound of it;)

6. We recorded at our show at the Double Door in Chicago. I used my King Doublebass Roadking through the Genz Benz gb1200 in the backline. It just went direct into the board. The guitar amp was a Line6 Vetta 2 with a PRS, and the house Mapex drum kit (very out of tune). The venue charged us $60 bucks to hit record, and then gave us the raw tracks on a DVD. We then brought it in to Our friends Pro-Tools HD rig and got the levels right, and added some compression, etc. We didn't want to doctor it up too much. I could have gone in and "dubbed" the parts I screwed up during the show, but it seemed a bit silly. I guess thats what studio albums are for :)

7. Thank you, I appreciate that :bassist: