1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First Look at GK MBFusion 800!! and powered MPB cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by packhowitzer, Jan 26, 2012.

1. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I am very excited to get my hands on these. Is it bad that I want one of everything in this vid??

NAMM 2012 Gallien Krueger - YouTube

And of course the title SHOULD read: ...powered MBP cabs

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Wow! They changed their styling a LOT! This may be a problem stylewise, for folks who bought the MB combos and want to add an MBP.

Thanks for the link!

3. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    Damnit! I'm getting a 2x212 Neo rig, with a 1001RBII head. But an MB Fusion 800!!! Ok, I'm thinking, I'll have 1 open space in my rack with my power conditioner, and my 1001. I can fit an MB Fusion 800 in there!

4. packhowitzer

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    Actually the old style of MB combos will not accept the powered extension cabs. GK is going to set up an incredible program where you will exchange your old MB combo for a new one when you buy the MBP cab. It is just mind blowing to me that GK is willing to take that kind of a hit financially to get this product line going. It blows me away both as a musician and as a consumer.

Go GK!

5. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Wow. Is it because the XLR jacks were put in upside down, or was that the line out?

6. packhowitzer

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta