1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blendermassacre, May 3, 2010.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Dude.....do you go to BB&B? It will be my third year in a row this year. My dad is coming along this time and he is bringing his '46 Harley.

If you're down there during BB&B, we totally have to meet up.

-Mike

2. 71 is pretty sparse, especially durimg the week ( once you get out of kansas city)

Mike- I grew up in springdale, ar not more than 10 to 15 min away from dickson st. I usually try to avoid bbbbq ( traffic is nuts) but if my bike pans out, ill probably go down. Pm me when it gets closer to time.

3. nic salsus

nic salsus

Mar 16, 2010
    +1
    I'm 6'/220lb and ride an '86 CBR 250 (4cyl, 4 stroke 18,000rpm redline) as my daily commuter in the city. It gets great mileage and is super quick but for road it's too small, too light and too gutless....it's basically a kickass scooter. A Ducati 907ie is my highway bike and if I had to choose just one it would be the big 'un.

Find a copy of A Twist Of The Wrist by Kieth Code. It's aimed at racers but the mechanics of riding it explains are the same for everyone. Seriously, reading this is one of best things you'll ever do to stay alive on a motorcycle.

4. 71 is pretty sparse, especially durimg the week ( once you get out of kansas city)

Mike- I grew up in springdale, ar not more than 10 to 15 min away from dickson st. I usually try to avoid bbbbq ( traffic is nuts) but if my bike pans out, ill probably go down. Pm me when it gets closer to time.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Will do. My wifes sister lives in Bella Vista with her husband who is from Rogers.

-Mike

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    There are kevlar-enforced jeans/cargo pants out there, most of them have places for knee protection. Supposedly plain jeans aren't very good if you plan to slide more than few yards down the road. And get boots with proper ankle protection, in case your foot gets stuck between the bike and the asphalt.

7. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Look for a dual sport bike. Half dirt bike half street bike type allow you to go off road and explore. And if you drop it no real damage done. Lots of fun.

8. thanks. that's exactly what I was looking for.