Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First MP3 cut of my bands debut CD GO!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Funkster, May 7, 2002.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Let me know if this works guy's and if so I would like to submit it to the members mp3 thread!
    This is the first track of our new CD. We are having our big CD release party this Sat!
    25 years of playing and my first release!! WooHoo!
    I'm pretty excited!
    GO! Train mp3

2. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you for your kind words cetecea!!! I really appreciate it.
    That is a catchy tune especialy the outro sticks with ya a while:D

3. Funkster,
    I'm listening to it right now!

Good stuff, man!

After giving it a listen, I'm definitly gonna mail you a check as soon as I get paid.

You got it goin' on! Good tone, tight!

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Wow cetecea! You live right around the corner up in NH. Well we started our project in Jan 01 and we are just releasing it now so 16 grueling months from start to finish.
    We hit a few brick walls along the way, My short battle with Cancer and a few financial things but it's done and I'm pretty proud of it.
    We could have done more or done some things differently but I really wasn't in all that great of a state of mind. This CD is very personal with me I can finally leave 2001 behind me:cool:
    Thanks for your interest and good luck getting your project together.....

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you also Chaos for your kind words, If ya like the first cut then you won't be dissapointed! The rest of the CD rock's, Talk to you soon...
    Henry

6. i really dig that mp3. good playing all around, good singer, and most importantly it's an interesting song. I like the part around -1:00 when it subtly shifts to a minor feel. the only thing i'm not sure i like is the guitar tone, but i'm sure that wouldn't even be an issue if i didn't play guitar.

congratulations on the release!

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    good work Funkster! Your band (yourself included) is quite good!

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
  9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Kick @ss!!!

Great tune, great playing. I can't wait to hear more

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I hear ya C! I love the opening line, It totaly describes us...
    Scott is a great writer and he has to really like you to do a spread like that,
    The hard copy has pics and everything. I'm pumped!! I almost feel 25 again, Well Almost;)

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank You Sped! I wish my server had more webspace I would put up a few more MP3's but in order to put another one on I have to take the last on off to make room...
    That's what ya get for 15 dollars a month:D

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I pay $10 per month for mine... when I ran out of space, I simply asked for more. Unlimited space and transfers pretty much

http://www.phpwebhosting.com

I've got a few domains sitting there. I recomend them to everyone

13. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    wow. Great stuff!! Totally dig that line. The G*uitar is pretty sweet as well.:eek: Great production!!

Travis

14. nerdcore

nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    I love it! This is rock and roll.

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I DIG THAT TUNE!!! Its great stuff man.. I can tell you've had some fun doing this. :) good luck to you

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thank you guy's very much!
    The release party went great we had about 250 people and sold about 100 CD's, a bunch of T-Shirts and man it's alway's a blast playing your own original music for a very receptive audience.
    :D
    Thanks again guy's.
    Long Live Rock&Roll

17. Good stuff, man!! Dig it. Your enthusiasm for playing definitely comes through! I gotta get me a copy of that there CD.

18. ..... and it rocks! Excellent! Get it - it's well worth it!

19. I really dig it! I love the walking bass line (including the tone), and the guitar sounds really fifties rock and roll. The part where it turns into a minor feel is really unexpected and original. Everyone in the band seems to keep everything nice and tight. Good job!:)

20. I liked it. Some parts sound like they could have used either a fuller (humbucker) or an additional guitar part. The guitar parts sound a bit thin. But other than that, it's great. Hell, how could you not love a song that has "Train" as it's main focus?! :)