Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First night of band practice with my Warwick Thumb

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vegaas, Sep 27, 2002.

1. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    All I can say is WOW! It sounds great alone, but playing with my band, it sounded fricking unbelievable.
    I have wanted a Warwick forever, and now that I finally have one it has meet and exceded my expectations in every way. Tone is fantastic, neck-dive hasnt been an issue, emailed customer service with a question, and they got back to me with an answer within 10 minutes! I cant rave enough about the bass.
    Best music purchase I have made!
    Still cant find my digital camera, so no pictures yet. Have a gig tomorrow night, will make sure to get some pics of me with my thumb on stage, and will post those.

2. Did you reset the bridge pickup height?

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Yep, thats all it was. Excellent blend of neck and bridge pick-up's now.

4. Good to hear! It's also good to hear you like your new bass.

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    You're welcome

6. *ahem* I also suggested resetting the pickup height.;)

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Well thank you to both of you.
    I originally posted the question in the pick-ups forum, and hadnt recieved an answer by early afternoon. I was anxious to find something out because I had practice that night. I then posted the question inside a thread I already had started about my new bass in the bass forum. That is were bassplayer mentioned the pick-up height, and someone gave me the info for contacting Warwick customer support. They echoed both your advice.
    So again, thank you to both of you. :)

8. CS, sorry I failed to look in the Pickups forum.:oops: Vegaas, I'm just glad your problem was fixed.:)

9. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    BP7 (I'm lazy)

Talkbasss is just full of helpful people like us :)

10. Dude, good to hear that it cuts through the mix. Now the only way you can step up is the trade that warwick for a Spector! he he :D j/k glad you found a match!

11. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I do not really like my Thumb, until I change the p.up to passive Sadowsky humcancelling . It is a totaly different bass. A more pronounced J Bass.
    I can play with passive mode now . It gives a fully woody tone J Bass. My next step is to change the strings to flats and to use Sad pre amp, see what happen;)