First night with my new rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kevin McKee, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Kevin McKee

Kevin McKee Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2001
    Last night was my first gig with my new gear. I'm so excited I had to tell someone.

The new stuff is:
    QSC PLX2402
    Eden Navigator
    Bergantino 322

Previous gear was:
    SWR SM400
    SWR Golliath II
    SWR Big Ben 18"

The new stuff sounds awsome. I changed equipment because of a constant battle with the midrange. 10 piece band on large stages so I needed volume and better clarity. The Bergantino delivers. I'm running the QSC in bridge/mono and the Berg takes every bit of the juice and nerver waivers. I even tested by turned the amp up all the way and the sound was perfectly clear and very very loud.

The room we played in last night is a large convention center so the sound was a little "boomy" to begin with. The Navigator EQ section makes it very easy to cut out bad frequencys and bring out the punch. I can't wait for our next gig.

Rock on,
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Nice equipment you have there; the HT322 is a great cab.
  3. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Great rig. I'm thinking about the same or similar. I've played a 322 in stores twice now and it is the best cab I've ever heard. I am intrigued by the Schroeder with that speaker setup, but I know that the first time I plugged through a 322 it really knocked my socks off!!
  4. Congratulations! I went through the SWR love/hate thing a number of years ago also. Your new rig looks like it should sound awesome.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Heh. I feel the same way...Fryday and Saturday were the first nights with my new gear too...

In my case it was an upgrade from a Hartke 3500+4x10 to Mesa 400+ (+) 4x10 + Avatar SB112. Nuthin' like the feeling of new, much improved tone! I've been playing the rig in practice, but it's not the same until you're in front of a crowded room and we took all of March off.

Did you notice much difference in your playing with the new gear? I find that changing how you hear yourself changes how you play. In our case, I also noted much more dancin' from the crowd. :D