Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Non-Ric Bass In Years (Bought A Geddy)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Okay..technically the thread isnt entirely true. I traded in one of my P-basses earlier this year for a Jaco fretless...but i have yet to see it..and have no idea when its comming. Anyway..im getting sidetracked.
    So this is the first non-Ric bass i have brought into my home in some time.
    I was in Toronto yesterday for a short while and i ended up getting an hour to myself so i went to Steve's Music store. I saw the Geddy hanging there, wanted to see what the fuss was about and so i asked to try it. First thing i noticed is that it was very comfortable (And looks pretty nice too :p)

To make a long story short, i dont know what else could be said about this bass that the countless reviews and other forumites havent already said. Its a joy to play and sounds wonderful, i definitely recommend it.

Here is your pics.
    (I think im getting some evil looks from my Ric's) :ninja:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    congrats!!! geddy is a great axe! :D

3. Nice one! That is the only bass on my G.A.S. list. With a tort guard.

4. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I knew I should have bought one of them instead of a Spector! Thats been my dream bass ever since it was produced. Congradulations :)

5. And yet another bass player falls victim to the cluthches of the Geddy Lee Sig Jazz. Congrats man on the purchase man. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. :smug:

6. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    One of the only two Fenders I'd purchase.

7. Oh the pickguard options.

To white pearloid or not to white pearloid. Or maybe black should be the choice. Or maybe i should just leave the white.

Decsions decsions... :meh:

8. BasStefan

BasStefan Guest

i bought a B/W/B pickguard and a chrome pickup cover for mine. it looks AWESOME!

9. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Bought a Geddy and you have a bunch of Ric's... wonder who's your hero? Do you also have a high pitched nasal voice?

Sweet bass by the way

10. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Mirror. This one guy on MX has one on his Geddy, and it's awesome.

11. fielden

fielden

Oct 15, 2005
    u mean eddie? (heavybassdude)

12. Nice buy, Dave.

It's cool to deviate from the Ric for it a bit, but trust me, you'll go crawling back to them, heh.

I actually bought my first new bass since my 4003, and it's a Spector NS-JH5 courtesy of tplyons and I can back you up on one thing, the Ric is not liking the attention the Spec is getting.

13. Although i do like Geddy, I bought the bass because it was a great bass.

My Ric fetish can actually be blamed on Lemmy. :)

14. Ric wont ever leave my system, I am still under the illusion that Ric's were made specifically for me. My fretless is hard to beat in my eyes, it's simply the best bass i ever played. ;)

15. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    While I don't condone the fact that it is not a Ric :scowl:.......it looks great and you like it which is all that really matters.....

Congrats ! :bassist:

16. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
  17. Once my Jaco bass comes in that will be 2 non-Rics in a row...maybe i have a flu? :D

18. Shakey

Shakey Vote for Pedro!!

Apr 12, 2005
    Roanoke, Va
    I saw a sliver/black paisley print pickguard on the wdmusic website. It sounds hideous, but its actually quite actractive. If I can find one in a Jazz style with a P pup cut out, I'll pick one up.

19. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Thank you! I think it's really beautiful, but nobody around here seems to appreciate it.

20. I must have missed that, have a pic handy or a link to a thread with a pic?