First official video from new Metallica album released (link inside), what do you think?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DarkArchitect, Aug 19, 2016.

2. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Sounds like a song straight off the black album. If somebody liked the black album I would guess that they would like this.

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  3. Is that a Warwick by the way Robert is playing ? He is again lost in the mix as usual...

4. Wolfenstein666

Wolfenstein666

Dec 19, 2014
    Listened to it earlier.

Meh.

I'm pretty jaded with Metallica though. After how good their first four were, then to Black and then off to whatever hell hole they went into with their subsequent albums up to the total disaster that was Saint Anger, they'd have to do something really REALLY killer for me to get excited about it.

IMO.

Also, it sounds like they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel lyrically.

BBox Bass and DarkArchitect like this.
  5. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Yeah, that was a Warwick he was playing. Not sure which it was. He has that signature model bit i dont know if he actually plays those or something else higher end by them.

DarkArchitect likes this.
  6. Hardly he is visible in the video, but I noticed Warwick from the headstock and the machine heads :)

7. I quit on Metallica around 'Justice' but this sounds pretty classic. The cursing does seem rather gratuitous tho, in fact the whole vocal I don't care for from production to lyrical content.

8. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Heard this the other day. I'm a rare bird apparently in that I've liked almost everything Metallica has ever done. I'm convinced Load would've gotten Album of the Year if it hadn't had Metallica's name on it - different but still great, just not great in the same Metallica sense... OK, St. Anger sounded like a garage demo from a preteen version of Slayer.

Anyhow, Hard Wired is a return to form in a way that I think they started turning with Death Magnetic. It doesn't grab me as Metallica I crave listening to, though, not like Puppets (but really, what does?) - I think it's just okay. I kinda think Trujillo doesn't help - he was fantastic alongside the likes of Mike Muir, but doesn't bring the complex energy of a Cliff or the smooth full bass of a Jason. Bass problem or not, there is some magic missing these days fo sho.

9. I dig the music but the lyrics are garbage. It does at least sound like they're returning to form, i.e. 'Justice' and everything before it.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021