1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First paid gig

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by zillo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    Well, my basement buddies and I had a paid gig yesterday, a house party. My first ever cash inflow from music; 8 years after I took up the bass. We were a bit rough, but people seemed to have fun. Plenty of toe tapping and booty shaking.

We played some old school country tunes, Dead tunes, blues, Chuck Berry, 60's folk rock things, etc. It was fun.

it was a bit nervewracking at first, but I found my way after a little bit.

A jam band group came on after us. They were outstanding, and the bass player gave me a lesson :D

2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Congrats. Spend the time honing your craft, with your band, and the pay increases exponentially. People who say that you shouldn't need to practice "Cover songs" normally get paid very little. ;)

3. treekiller

treekiller

Mar 4, 2010
    Iowa
    Nothing beats the feedback from a live audience, watching people havin' fun and booties shakin' while you are up on stage doing what you love = priceless!!!:bassist:

4. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    No kidding...I was pretty thrilled, after I got over the I'm going to throw up part:)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021