First Pedulla Bass Made on the Bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Szipmonk, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Szipmonk

May 11, 2004
  2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Email Pedulla. Christine usually gets back to you quickly.

My guess is that #0001 thru 0014 were guitars, as mentioned in the auction. The s/n listing on the website does not necessarily mean that they were basses-- I have #1017, which is a guitar.

The shape does look right. I used to have (wish I still had!) flyer sheets from when MVP started selling, and they looked very similar to that.

Interesting piece of trim to dress up the Badass bridge.
  3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Pedulla-Orsini basses were sold through the EU Wurlitzer music store in Boston during the late 70s. Not too many around (most can be found in New England for obvious reasons). By 1980 it was just plain Pedulla and they were more like the models made today (Bart pickups and preamps, etc.).

That one may indeed be the first bass as he claims.

I have a 1981 Pedulla catalog and they were still making electric guitars (but not acoustics) as well as basses then, by the mid 80s they had dropped the guitars entirely. You know, I've always wondered who Orsini was!

BTW his retail appraisal is way off base. They sold back in the day for about $800 at Wurlitzer's (at the time a P-bass was about $600). Even to a collector I can't see it worth more than about $2500 especialy with a bowed neck!