Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First pic hinting of new Yamaha TRBs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well well, what do we have here! :D

I was looking around the Yamaha website when I found this: the sole picture of the new version of TRBs!

[​IMG]

It was hidden under the smaller pic on the data page(the 'click on this for larger pic' thing) showing the present red 4-string TRB.

The differences seem to be JP-style body with slap-cut and slanted cuts, and the electronics(pups, knobs atleast) copied from BP-raved BB1500A. I personally like the new style very much!

2. Dear god that is GORGEUS....

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    yamaha does it yet again. i wonder when the new JM sig is comming out...

4. Isn't that the old, now replaced by a plainer version, TRB model? :confused:

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    That looks like the old TRB series.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yup - that's the old TRB - there was a new TRB5P and TRB6P in the last year or so - very nice woods and very expensive over here!

They sort of "down-graded" the standard TRBs, from the style in the picture above, several years ago.

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oh, damn, I think you guys are right :(

I have never seen one of the first TRB-4s before, seen TRB-4Ps and they have different pups though, and with the body cuts reminding of what they have done to BB- and RBX series got me thinking it was a all new model.

Well.. Let's all mail Yamaha and make them do a new TRB model then? :p:rolleyes:

I personally would like to have 5-string TRB with J-pups.