First pic hinting of new Yamaha TRBs!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well well, what do we have here! :D

I was looking around the Yamaha website when I found this: the sole picture of the new version of TRBs!

[​IMG]

It was hidden under the smaller pic on the data page(the 'click on this for larger pic' thing) showing the present red 4-string TRB.

The differences seem to be JP-style body with slap-cut and slanted cuts, and the electronics(pups, knobs atleast) copied from BP-raved BB1500A. I personally like the new style very much!

2. Dear god that is GORGEUS....

3. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    yamaha does it yet again. i wonder when the new JM sig is comming out...

4. Isn't that the old, now replaced by a plainer version, TRB model? :confused:

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    That looks like the old TRB series.

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yup - that's the old TRB - there was a new TRB5P and TRB6P in the last year or so - very nice woods and very expensive over here!

They sort of "down-graded" the standard TRBs, from the style in the picture above, several years ago.

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oh, damn, I think you guys are right :(

I have never seen one of the first TRB-4s before, seen TRB-4Ps and they have different pups though, and with the body cuts reminding of what they have done to BB- and RBX series got me thinking it was a all new model.

Well.. Let's all mail Yamaha and make them do a new TRB model then? :p:rolleyes:

I personally would like to have 5-string TRB with J-pups.