1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

first pickup uprade question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lucathakid, Mar 2, 2013.

1. lucathakid

lucathakid

Apr 2, 2012
    so im going to be upgrading the pickups in my 90s rbx 250 in a few weeks. i was thinking of going with EMG P Active P-Bass Pickups, but i am concerned about there being enough room in the cavity for a battery. since the bass came with passive electronics im worried they might not have made the room for a batter. im able to squeeze a nine volt in there now but its a little tight and thats not including a battery connector that would have to be in there and any other circuitry/battery clips that these new pickups would have to accomidate. i guess what my question is when you are installing battery operated setups in a tight cavity like this is it ok/safe to have just enough room to squeeze it in between the pots and just have it in there. does the batter need to be placed into a proper clip and the cavity need to be modified. thanks:help: