Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Post...And Schecter...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jon In VA, May 28, 2001.

1. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hi,
    My name's Jon and I've been reading over the board for awhile and thought I'd intriduce myself so I could post and all. I'm 15 and I've been playing bass for about 2 years.
    I just wanted to ask what you guys think about Schecter basses. (Not Spector...Compairing them to the Scheter though) I tried out a Diamond Series (?) today. It was Neck-Thru, Red Quilt Top, Active EMG/HZs, Made in Korea, and Gold Hardware. It seemed almost like a clone of the Spector Neck-Thru for $739 range. The Schector was only $539, but it seemed almost like the same thing. What's the differance, besides the name?
    I actually prefered the Schetor, it felt like it was made sturdier. But I'd like your input.
    Thanks,
    Jon

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    If you like the Schecter better than the Spector go for the Schecter. They're similiar in a few areas... I believe both use EMG's (pups and preamps) although other than that... I don't see the similarities. If you're going to buy one of the, I suggest going to www.basscentral.com , www.musiciansfriend.com , www.samash.com or something like that... most local music stores have the prices raised really high. I suggest basscentral.com though... I'm dealing with them right now and they've been REALLY helpful. The only place that's really to go the extra mile for you.

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Oh yeah... Welcome to TalkBass. hehe

4. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    Here's a picture of it. The place I'd get it from has really good service. They give you free set-ups as long as you own the bass. I have a Mars and Guitar Center and all to go try them out at, and they're $20 cheaper then the musicians friend. Thanks for the help though. :)

Jon

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Stiletto Elite? I've never tried one before... but they look fairly nice. Good luck.

6. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    Im getting the same one today, actually. Only mines a five stringer, and its the the custom model, not the Elite. I liked both. If you like it, get it.

7. hey jon, where in VA are you from?

schecters look pretty cool, never actually played one though. i'd love to try out the Rob DeLeo sig model.

8. Jon In VA

Jon In VA

May 28, 2001
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hey...I live in Chesapeake. (South East) Right next to VA Beach.

Jon

9. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    is that i mono-rail bridge [similar to what ibanez has on their prestige models]? looks good, though i have no experience with schecters.