First Post! Just joined today! Come on in!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassplayer5115, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Hey everyone whats up!?

My name is John, I live in Mass and, you guessed it, I play the bass.

I am on a few boards like this, so I pretty much know how to work it, but I am just coming on to say hello!

Well I suppose we could use this for my question as well! I currently Have an Ibanez SR405...not a bad bass, but I am looking to get into some country music band and well, that bass will not cut it. I have been looking around and have found the possibility of the Dean Edge Q5. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks and Im glad to have found this bass board!! :hyper:
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Greetings fellow Mass-hole! Glad to have you here. Deans are good basses, and great for the price! I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be from the Ibanez. What type of bass are you looking for (besides one that fits in with country)
  3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Whole bunch of us Mass-holes on the board! Welcome!!!!!!
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
  5. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome to TB...enjoy! :D :bassist:
  6. Well its gotta be 5 String. Just love em.

And, something Different then my Ibanez. I dont like it anymore. Maybe a hollowed body? Possibly a Fender..(kind of pricey such as a new 5 string P-bass)

I mean If i had a few grand I think iw ould grab a modulus...hehe but like thats out of the question right now.

I want the bass to sound warm and clean, and have some power. But not deep, dark, and over driving.
  7. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    How about a lakland 55-01 Great bang for your buck, and very versatile.
  8. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Have you checked out Carvin?

I used to love Ibanez until I bought my first Carvin. After that I sold both of my Ibanez SR's and bought three more Carvins.
  9. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    MASS-HOLES UNITE! And I'm one by choice, not birth!

Haven't been by your store in a while, Corey. Don't you have anything in stock that can help Bassplayer5115 out?
  10. Cant be that expensive though! maybe something used??

in the 700 dollar range? maybe 800???? thats a big maybe
  11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm so close to being a Mass-hole that I can taste it! Ummmmmmm.........well........

One word, Stingray!

Check with Corey.
  12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Welcome... Now quit screwing around and post pics of your gear!!!

13. I believe thats one of the rules. First post must include pictures of gear. Good call Mark. :bassist:
  14. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    G&L Tribute L-2500
  15. RNG

Jan 9, 2004
    G&L, Fender, SPECTOR, Gibson... Stingrays are becoming popular in alot of country today.
  16. Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Can't go wrong with a Fender P-Bass.
  17. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    I'll 2'nd that I have one with a maple neck and love it. I really believe any bass would be good for country unless your going to try and do some Chicken picken then you'll need a Tele. :) bwaaahhhaaaj/k.

Man this isn't right either I got raged for introducing myself in my first thread. Instead of the intorduce yourself thread. :crying:

Welcome to the board. :hyper:
  18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, this gee reaks of "NeedagandlLitis"