1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Posting. Toby Pro-4, should I do it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Audix99, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Audix99

Audix99

Sep 18, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hi all,

My first posting here.
    I have a Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (2006, MIK) in as-new condition, and I have an opportunity to do an even trade between my Epi and another person's Tobias Toby Pro-4 neckthrough 4-string bass that's supposed to be in very good shape.

My Epi ZW Custom LP is going for $800 new, and around $500 for a used one in excellent/like new condition with a hard case, it seems.

His Toby also comes with a hard case, and in very good shape but is around 6 years old (according to him).

Value-wise, do you think this is a fair deal for me and him?
    So I guess what I'm asking is about the the value of this used Toby pro-4.
    I'm asking because I'm not much familiar with value of this Korean made Toby. (Not familiar with bass that much overall)

If you were me, would you go this this deal?

Thanks so much!!!

2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    As someone that has a Toby 5Pro, it really depends if you feel bass is your thing. My Toby is awesome, I have no regrets getting mine. But it's very much a personal thing.

3. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Personally, I'd try to get something in between. I mean, if the the toby is worth more to you than the epi then it's a fair deal, but being colder about it I think you're getting the short end of the stick. If I remember correctly, the toby pro 4 sold for around 400-500 usd new.

They are pretty nice basses though.

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'm trying to remember what Musicyo sold them for...anybody remember?