1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First practice with new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Emmaporkchop, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Emmaporkchop

Emmaporkchop Guest

Jun 23, 2009
    Had the first full band practice last night with my new (old) Zeta Crossover EUB! It sounded great, sat in the mix perfect and I really just had to roll of some treble on the amp when switching between it and my P bass.
    I traded an older strat & MIM bass for it. Supposedly its one of a couple prototypes made. Either way it sounds and plays great (34" scale as opposed to standard DB scale), and I'd much rather travel with this than a full sized upright since I own the p.a. too.
    Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, if I get a chance I'll post some sound clips if anyone is interested.

2. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Looks very nice. What's it sound like?

3. Emmaporkchop

Emmaporkchop Guest

Jun 23, 2009
    Much fuller than any fretless I've had before, very round, really good upright thump type sound. I'm using a Line 6 Bass Pro so I dialed in the Ampeg B-15 setting for it, a couple minor tone adjustments and I pretty much had the sound I wanted. Going through 2x10 cabs.

4. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    Nice......