1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

first project

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by tridimnaw, Jul 21, 2012.

1. tridimnaw

tridimnaw

Dec 10, 2011
    Hi all, I'm from wales and have just started playing the bass after 4 years of not touching it! I've realized since I last played that I'm not goin to take over the world! This time round I've also bought a really cheap bass off ebay to experiment with! Its an unbranded bass that I thought would make a good project!
    Since getting it I have stripped it in order to s$ooth out some rough bits and in order to give it a re-paint! Although in a different colour! I've got loads of questions, most of which have been answered by using the search button!!
    But here are a couple more for now
    1) Can 2 pack paint be used? I know someone who has some 2 pack lest over from painting his car!
    2) Any other advice would be huge for me! I'm hoping that if I enjoy this project I might try a bass build from scratch.
    My bass is a p style bass and I'm thinking of a kawazaki green with black scratch plate and hardwere!
    What u all think?