Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First REAL band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassman314, Jul 15, 2005.

1. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Hey folks,

Weelllllllll... some friends and I are starting a band.... Be my frist band that's just a band to be a band... not part of a school function... not part of my church... just a band!

So far, we're gonna have 2 guitarists, myself on bass, and drums. I'll do vocals for the most part, although we may eventually try and get a vocalist, so I can concentrate on the bass.

We're focusing mainly on Rock with funk and punk influences. So we've decided on the name SubAtomic Distortion. It was that or the Funk Adjustors (We all work in insurance).

So uhm.. *L* wish us luck! :hyper: :bassist:

Our lead guitarist created a site for us. Nothing on there yet, and things will change (once I have time to get some ideas on paper)

http://www.garageband.com/artist/SubAtomicDistortion

2. i hope it works out well for u bro. that combo of music genres sounds pretty tight. you guys just have to get a regular practice schedule down. and always keep thinking of new ideas, bass lines, lyrics, etc.

i cant wait till college starts so i can look for kids who wanna play and are serious about it. florida state university has a huge music scene so i hope it works out.

anyways, good luck!