Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Real Gig Tomorrow. No band to play with...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Microbass, Mar 1, 2002.

1. AAAAAAAAGHHHH!

We have a gig tomorrow at a friend's party. Drummer can't go for various reasons, which wasn't SO bad, but now, our singer tells me today he had "an engagement he forgot about" and can't make it. Brilliant. I have the flu too. I'm becoming deaf and blind.. And only just got enough strenght to pick up my bass... :p

it's going to be a great night.. :(

Edit: We cancelled.
    Stupid singers - all the same - at any age.. :rolleyes: :mad: :p
    He says that he also burst his ear drum - YET he is going to another friend's gig. Time to get a new singer...

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    All these undedicated musicians get on my nerves. I can understand that people have jobs at things they must do, but music (espcially if you get payed for it) should be something to take seriously. Even if you just enjoy playing on a Saturday night every couple of weeks.

3. Our drummer, I'm not to bothered about not being able to jam with - he doesn't even have a kit.

He's a guitarist in a rapidly growing band, they have gigs everyweek.

check out their site ;) www.daedalian.2ya.com

I'll just have to attack my singer with my bass at school rehersals... Again :D