Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

first real recording with my Fostex MR-8

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by craigb, Jul 13, 2004.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I've had it for a while and farted around a couple of times doing bass sound samples and a half-assed demo of a song (that my old band did a few times at practice - it was fun to hear someone with a real voice sing it).

This is instrumental - I've got a bunch of song-with-lyrics ideas but it will take time to get them put together. I've got the mp3 hosted at Soundclick under Swayback by Nine Stone Ring. Hopefully that link will work.

All comments welcome but go easy on my sax playing - it's been a long while and I can't say that I'm that happy with that aspect of it (I've been playing bass pretty much exclusively for the last 9 years).

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I dig it. Don't listen to much sax music, but your playing seemed fine to me.

Good job man.

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Thanks, man. I tried it out in the car this morning and boy, I sure can tell I haven't played sax much at all in the last 9 years. I needed a melody instrument, maybe I'll just try my bass through my Unibass (up an octave) next time.