1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First recording of my new band (fantomas style)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Fretloos, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Fretloos

Fretloos

Jul 11, 2006
    Haarlem
    Hey,
    during our practice today I made a recording of us using my jamman and a normal mic, and uploaded it to our myspace :eek:

http://www.myspace.com/mangokamikaze

The recording for from optimal and certainly not tight, but, what comments can you give us on this? :hyper:
    thanks!

2. Fretloos

Fretloos

Jul 11, 2006
    Haarlem
    no one listened? :(

3. Hey man, I thought that was pretty neat. I like what you're going for :)
    One thing I'll say though, is that some sections get a wee bit repetitive, with not much variation... Let us know when you get some more stuff up though, on the whole I'm liking it:)

4. Suckbird

Suckbird Inactive

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    get a new singer, he sounds like a emo ******.. the music is pretty cool though..

5. stitchbass

stitchbass

May 20, 2006
    Virginia Water
    sounds too bungle/fantomas, by all means draw inspiration but this to me just sounds like you are trying too hard to copy their sound. Apart from this good playing and you are all cleary talented musicians.

6. Fretloos

Fretloos

Jul 11, 2006
    Haarlem
    We got some new recordings with the new drummer, please, have a listen
    (and don't mind the good morning song :p)

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Pretty good, but as stated, your influence is too obvious what your main source of influence is. Diversify a bit.

8. Fretloos

Fretloos

Jul 11, 2006
    Haarlem
    maybe I'm asking for the obvious, but what do you mean by diversufying more? What can we do, repeat more? Or is it just the lines themselves? Should we keep away from the odd time signature heavy things?
    thanks

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think the main thing is the Mike Patton vocals.

Basically, all I mean is, it sounds like demos to some old Mr. Bungle stuff. I really do like it, and it takes a lot of talent to do. But every time people see you live who know anything about Mr. Patton's work will know where you are coming from.

I mean essentially, instead of trying to sound like Mr. Bungle/Fantomas... sound like yourselves... which is easier said than done.

I don't even know if what I'm saying qualifies as advice, but they are good tunes, but some of the stuff makes you sound like a cover band. Not trying to be harsh, sorry if it comes off that way, you guys have a lot of talent and I think you should go off in another direction.

Feel free to ignore me.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021