first rehearsal with new band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by neptoon, Apr 25, 2002.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, all went well, last night at my new band's first rehearsal! the band was impressed that i took the time to learn all of the tunes on their demo i was given last week. isn't that what you're supposed to do? all i really did was get the basic parts down---nothing too intricate, just the changes. the music is actually simple in its context, but they're _songs_, which is sometimes hard to come by. you know, something that feels good. not necassarily technically demanding, but it really makes your booty move. we were supposed to rehearse from like 7 to 9:30...i got home at about 1:30 :D it was great! everything clicked, which seemed really strange. and i felt kind of odd carrying a 6 string and pretty much playing no more than root notes. is that strange? oh well, by this weekend that should all change-i plan on coming up with some appropriate parts. and oh yeah, my shoulder hurts. hee hee that rockwood is _damn_ heavy, especially after a couple of hours. at any rate, everyone is stoked, and that's the main thing. yee haw!
  2. Glad to hear that it all is working out with your new band, congratulations!
  3. hell yeah !

no matter how good you think you are.. only the greatest idiots go to a auditions / 1st rehearsals unprepared. :D
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I've gotten that before, "Wow, you learned all the songs!"
    "Well, I was going to learn someone else songs but I learned yours just in case....:D;)"

Congrats on the good situation, they are hard to come by.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, i just found it odd that i was given two demo tapes worth of material and they were surprised that i actually learned it...sheesh, isn't that what i was supposed to do? and i consider myself lucky to be in such a cool situation.