First show in nearly 5 years...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Scottie, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Scottie

Scottie Banned

Oct 14, 2005
    Well... I played what I thought was my final show in 2000... Yep, I had planned on giving it up that year, but was talked into staying with the band till late 2001.

Well... anyhow the band is now in its tenth year, having played only 1 show in the last 3 years....

We'll be taking the stage again at a multiband showcase at one of the bigger shows of the year next month. Crazy how stuff works out. The line up is crazy to follow...

Original singer (rythm guitarist)
    Original lead guitarist
    Original drummer
    2nd lead guitarist who is playing rythm this show
    rythm guitarist/lead vocalist who played in 00-01
    keys player who was with us in 01
    and me!

Funny how we all landed together. The original bassist (98-99) is no longer with us... oh no, not dead. Lives out of town.

We're pulling out some old originals and 1 new one, and then some cover tunes.. Some Rolling Stones, Faces, Willie Nelson, and even Ace Frehley's "2000 Man"... love that one!

Hopefully it goes well. Very excited to be BACK playing again... 5 years after "retiring"... :bassist:
  2. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Oh, break a leg! :) Sounds like you are going to have a blast. "2000 Man" -- LOL!

Cherie :)
  3. Scottie

Scottie Banned

Oct 14, 2005
    Laugh if you like... but Ace Frehley is coolest cat in the galaxy!
  4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    go get 'em dude, I'm sure you'll rock the house.
  5. Ace is one of the most under-rated guitarists of his generation. Same's true for Gene as a rock bassist.

Good for you! Don't stop this time!