1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First show!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Well, my band has been together for about 4 weeks now, and we have our first gig. We're playing at a party on Saturday afternoon. I'm excited, as this is my first gig ever. We're playing a bunch of originals and several covers. Does anyone have any advice on anything I should do to make sure this all works? I have fresh strings, so I'm sounding good. I THINK everything is all set, but one can never be too sure.

And on the other hand, the first band I was in formed in spring of 2000. They have never played a show anywhere. I guess there's a lot to be said for applying yourself and getting your name out there. :)

2. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool! I wish I was in your shoes... I have to beg my guitarist to gig with me.

(when that doesn't work I just tell everyone I can that we are having a gig to push him into it.)

He lets silly things like work, romance, family, home life, health... etc etc get in the way of our playing.

3. Typical guitarist behavior.