first sienfeld experiance.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by clanner, Jun 1, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    cansomeone explain why as I was playing higer ground at GC someone says hey, youre's playing sienfield? her boyfriend was playing fingerstyle and she thought it was sienfield, ***!!!!!!!!!!???.

just wanted to share my first *** sienfield experiance.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

MMmmmmm, better.

Uh, my opinion... Sienfeld is popular... people like Sienfeld... because it's popular. And... it's called slap and pop... and popular = pop... shoo bop shoo bop... etc.

Oh yeah, and 90% of women are alcoholics... she was probably drunk.
  3. Yeah.. a lot of non-bassist people just assume slapping = seinfeld. Years ago when Van Halen was big, if anyone was doing tapping stuff on a guitar, people would ask "Hey, is that Eruption?" So its the same thing I guess.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    But most people don't know that the Seinfeld licks were played on a synth.
  5. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Doesn't mean you can't do it on a bass, though.
  6. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    :hyper: ididit! my roommate this year made the same innane comment about the same f-ing song...its a, he's just an idiot.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Whenever i slap my mom says it sounds like Seinfeld

8. You slap your mom?? :eek: :D
  9. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Just goes to show, shouldnt be playing Higher Ground at GC.
    I thought everyone knew this rule by now.
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  11. I feel your pain, I don't remember what I was playing but, i in my short career, have had the same comment. That almost got me as mad as when i brought in my bass for a school project and everyone told me to play stairway to heaven. Nothing against the song, its just the uneducated youth really gets on my nerves sometimes.
  12. lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    yeah man, no higher ground at GC!!! dude, what are you thinking! i`m surprised the salesman did`nt run up and grab the neck and point at the sign that says "no higher ground".
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    In honor of this thread, I just played higher ground for the first time in about 2-3 years.
  14. Yeah I went out and learnt that just so I can say no THIS is Seinfeld (and then play it and complain how much easier it is with a keyboard) :smug:
  15. Kamelion

Jun 6, 2005
    Cambourne, UK
    After reading this thread for the first time the other day, I just had my first Seinfelding this morning. I was doing some slap/pop warmups and my gf's sister says "hey, that really reminds me of Seinfeld!" She couldn't understand why I found it so funny :D...
  16. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    My band has a hoe-down song in which I have a big solo. Often I just work Seinfeld in there.

Why fight it? I like Seinfeld. You like Seinfeld. 'The man' likes Seinfeld.
  17. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I was actualy playing it as an example of slap.

she showed an interest in learning to play hen told her drummer boyfriend to buy her a bass. (then points at the $1500.00 7 string in the corner, then a $5,000 one I can't remember the name of.)

I was just showing what was possible on the bass. it didn't work out so well.
  18. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    hahahaha x 4