1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First Single .....Maybe

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    About a year ago, I got a call from Anthony David that went like this:

him:What are you doing now?
    me: Nothing.
    him: Good! Get your a$$ down here and lay a bassline to this song I just wrote.

India.Arie heard the track and wanted it. Being that it was so long ago, I knew the song was going to go through changes. Well, after 12 versions, Motown decided that they liked the original better, so my playing made the album. Now I'm hearing that it might be the first single! The name of the song is called "There's Hope". They just called me to get my full name and ss#, so they can pay me. :hyper:

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Awesome, 'chuck! I had a tape of her first album and loved it (and consequently lost it :meh:). If it gets picked as the single, I imagine it'll open the floodgates to a lot of studio work.

3. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Congrats man! Sounds like a dream come true (at least my dream come true for someone else.) :bassist:

4. Congradulations 'chuck. Is there anywhere we can even hear a sample of the tune yet, or are we all left waiting?

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm supposed to have a copy emailed to me tonight. Thanks guys.