First song off of my bands new album.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jaye, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hey everyone, just figured that someone here might be interested in hearing the first single off of our new release "Echoes of Life".

The title of the track is "When The Freaks Come To Feed" and it is our most groove oriented, "radio friendly" song.

We are a metal band so don't go in expecting funk, but I would apreciate everyones input on it.

This is the one we are sending to radio and anywhere else we can get our hands on so enjoy and feel free to distribute it to anyone you wish.

direct link to MP3:

Thanks for listening.
  2. Hey J- I love a good ole heavy hard core band!

I went to your site and tried 6 times to listen to your mp3---I cant get it to play :mad:

I dont know what is wrong with my computer--- ugg Ill keep trying---- cool pic by the way!
  3. sounds very nice!!! :bassist: cool!
  4. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for taking the time to give it a listen guys. Anyone else have anything to say about it? Good, bad, or ugly lets hear it.
  5. Wow lol, That first guitar riff scared me because I wasn't expecting it, but I like it. Good job.
  6. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Not my style but It sounds good to me mate! Keep it up!

Andy :)
  7. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I think that opening guitar part has officially made more people jump the first time they hear it than any other thing on recording.

Oh well, if we can't be famous we'll be infamous. lol :bassist:
  8. Not really my style of metal, but I think it will do well. It has the perfect blend of old school and new school. Fresh enough to get noticed in todays market, with enough credibility to keep it from seeming contrived. This is what St. Anger should have sounded like (of course with James handling vocals) IMO.
  9. Wow, that was awesome. Honestly, where can I get the CD? I totally dig it!
  10. Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for all the great comments so far guys. I know there are alot of very seious players here so it means alot coming from you guys.

The album is in post production right now Tyler but as soon as it is pressed you can bet you'll be hearing from me again. Also if you would like to make sure you know right away then go to the website ( ) and joine the mailing list (bottom of the first page has a place to sign up).

complexprocess: If St. Anger had sounded like this I would have actuially bought it ('course I also woulda been pissed that they stole our sound :p ).

If any of you guys are in So. Cal tomorrow night be sure to come check us out live in Lancaster, CA at the Desert Inn (Sierra Hwy and Avenue J.) We play at 10:30 show starts at 8pm.

But for now, back to the dungeon... :bag:
  11. I'll join the mailing list to keep updated for sure. From the sounds of this song it ought to be a good album.
  12. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I love it, I've been playing in a few hard rock/metal bands and I think you sound very good. The drums sound very good, clear crisp sound and the guitars are heavy but clear (not muffled sound like you hear so often) The bass blends in pretty well and the vocalist is great. I would go see you if you'd come to Iceland definetely:bassist: