1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Song. Take a Listen?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Sundown1206, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    This isn't our first written song, but it is our first song that we finished recording for our first album. We put it on our facebook using Reverbnation to give everyone a preview. We plan to put two more songs on facebook when they are all done, but sell an album with about eleven originals. The song is called "Little Spies" and our band is called "The Volans"

I used a Backline 600 Direct into the recording equipment our friend has in his basement, and an ODB-3 for the pre-chorus. The bass is my custom Jazz Deluxe MIM.

It was my first try recording it, didn't put much thought into the mixed "solo" I guess we could call it. Just improvised that section.

Anyways, I'm looking for overall feedback, not just on my bass playing.

The Volans Facebook

Share it with your friends if you like it :)

Thank you

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not bad. The drums could stand to be louder/more powerful and the bass could go up a little.

Keep it up.

3. foq1978

foq1978

Aug 7, 2009
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nice sound! Something there reminds me a bit of RHCP. Or maybe some 90s band.
    If I got a dollar for every time I read this on TB... Adam would have made me $2 today only! :)

4. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks guys. I love rhcp lol so does the drummer.

5. MUSHROOMSeAcOw

MUSHROOMSeAcOw

Aug 1, 2010
    Georgia
    I would maybe consider downmixing the bass in the intro so it's a little more uniform throughout. Other than that, I love it! Great vocals and overall sound.