1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First song with my band...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by r6mile, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Yesterday the rythmic guitarist of my band and I made up a song, a beautiful acoustic (with bass) song. The problem is we don't know what to do with it, because the whole band (drums, 3 guitars, bass, keys) won't be able to play. What should I do? Has anyone had this problem (playing a song just with some members of the band)?

2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    you could use it as an intro/outro

3. vyse933

vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI
    you think you can't have everybody playing, but you can honestly add ALOT to it. first of all, keys could be doing any sort of effect, chords, or single notes on the off beats or something. you could have the keys somehow making a sound like rain in the background or something like that. and then a drummer..any good drummer will be able to throw something in. then with all the guitar, you could have somebody doing the chords, or somebody doing a contrasting thing that fits in, or 1 guitar would be doing chords, another would be doing the same chords..just some sort of different rythum..and yeah, haha..that's all confusing but yeah, you can easily add stuff into it. just think about it.

and then again..if they seriously can't add anything to the mix..then just give em all egg shakers.

4. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    With the drummer, one thing I've heard them do is do a nice ambient effect with their cymbals. Sounds pretty good with acoustic songs IMO.

-Dash

5. This is a link to the song: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=530143&songID=3831621
    It's our first recording so it's not perfect. We recorded with a crappy computer mic :p
    It's me singing (don't laugh at my Spanish accent :p). There's no bass on this recording because my amp is not working so I could not plug it into the PC.

I know bass and drums would be good for the song, and 2 guitars for the "guitar solo" (we did it with Audacity, recording each track at once, that's why on the part you can hear 2 guitars, but it's really only one), but what about the other guitar and the keys?

6. Please move this post to "Band Management and Performance"