1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First time buying cab & head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matticus616, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Hey, i'm looking for an upgrade on my Ashdown Combo in the form of a bass head and cabinet, I'm a 17 year old student who wants to start gigging with my band when we get gigs. As I am a student, money is sort of an issue. (I'm currently searching for a job and have interviews lined up) I want something of a workhorse that doesn't leave me in debt forever. I will be looking for pre-owned and used stuff mainly as there is a chance to get a better deal, but what in your opinion would be a good place to start in terms of brand and model of a head and cab? I could sell my combo as it's in perfect condition still, and also I have an unused bc rich that could be flogged if need be. Any similar personal experiences?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Used, for sure- look for a GK 400RB, or 700RB, and find a decent 4x10 of your choice. Even a Peavey bass head, plenty of power, just don't skimp on the speakers- 4x10, 2x12, 2x15, NOT a 2x10 or 1x12.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020