1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First time changing strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassanddrums, Mar 17, 2009.

1. bassanddrums

bassanddrums

Nov 28, 2008
    answers to any of the following would be helpful.

*Would blue steel medium long strings work for a gsr200?
    *should i wait at all in between taking off strings and putting new ones on because of tension?

2. I can't speak for the strings fitting or not, but when I change strings I pull them all off and treat the fretboard with lemon oil and clean the other "hard to reach" places. I wouldn't leave the strings off for days, but I don't think an hour or two makes any difference.

3. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I don't see the purpose in waiting between taking them off and putting them on, but I'm no expert.

If it helps at all, I've heard that it is better to change strings one string at a time, rather than take them all off at once...but that's just what I've heard. Others know more.

4. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    You can take them all off at once. The only time I'd say only do one at a time is on a tremolo bridge. The blue steel strings will fit just fine. You might wanna get a gauge close to what your bass came with so you don't have to worry so much about getting a setup done. I believe that bass comes with a 45-100 set. Hope this helps.

5. Mr. Mig

Mr. Mig

Sep 7, 2008
    No need to wait days to restring.