First time ever

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eagle, Jan 31, 2003.

1. eagle

Jun 13, 2002
    Hello new to posting here...=)
    Read a lot on this forum...but this is my first post...
    no profile yet but working on it...
    Just some newbie questions
    I am switching Yamaha for Warwick......for me it is tone ,weight and comfort.....=)
    I always played Yamaha (ok not only had a peavey foundation 5 string as my first one) a rbx 765 then went on to the Rbx6jm.
    I love the yamaha for playability but tonally? it doesnt fit me...and the rbx6jm is very! heavy...
    doesnt slap easy either....not that i slap much but learning it now and finding it hard on this bass....

Tried some warwicks and loved the sound and feel thats why i ordered one....tried some fenders but guess theyre not for me......
    Ibanez feels ok but not near close to yamaha or warwick quality.....? that is what i felt...liked the tobias I tried though...=)
    So question is?
    Well I already choosed =)
    But would you choose a W corvette standard over a Y rbx6jm?
    Ok this is a newbie question I know....=)
    Tried the Yamaha trb 5 ....too wide for me....or am I just to used to narrow spacing?
  2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    HEY! welcome to TalkBass! Yamaha's a GREAT basses, and i don't think your weird at all for wanting their stuff over warwick......
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

He is giving up Yamaha for Warwick.

Welcome to talkbass eagle :)

You should look into becoming a supporting member ;)
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    AHHHHHH stupid me. Of course. well, my "...." after my post was me holding back in saying i think warwicks are much better basses.
  5. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Yes, I remember my first post. That was a long time ago in te ark ages of about 3 months ago.

I was thinking about buying that model. Great one. I wound up getting my Ibanez whom I fell in love with.

I cant believe you said Ibanez's arent too good. Fenders are to mainstream and heavy for me. Used to have one that was like 43 lbs. Now mine is 17 lbs. Crazy.

Now to answer yor question. I think you should get it. You can definitly adjust to anything with the bass. from 4 - 5 - 6 strings. You will get used to the neck.

Good luck
    Greasy Nugget
  6. eagle

Jun 13, 2002
    well i'm going for the warwick!...=)
    its true you get used to spacing and broader necks...i play a lot of different basses at school with different spacing and such.....
    but I have fallen in love with the sound of the W
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO

Ok, as far as I know, unless your bass was made out of solid ebony, it can't be anywhere near 43 pounds, and if your playigna 17 pound bass now, I feel very sorry for you considering I thought my 8 pound spector was kinda heavy, LOL. ;)
  8. eagle

Jun 13, 2002
    actually dont know the exact weight of the Yamaha but it is very heavy heavy....:)
  9. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

Welcome to Talkbass! Glad you found the smilies;)

Actually you're the first person I've heard of buying a Warwick because its light . Typically Warwicks are on the heavy side of average because of the more dense woods they use. The lighter basses tend to be made with alder or swamp ash bodies. Warwick uses a lot of ovangkol, and bubinga which tend to be heavier. IMO the mass and density add to the sound.

Enjoy your Warwick when it arrives.

10. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I really dont know the weights. I was just making estimates while I was high(not really). All I know is the Fender was heavy and the Ibanez is crazy light.

Eagle, Good choice with the Warwick. Those are good too, They have a kule luke too. Good choice man.
  11. eagle

Jun 13, 2002
    compared to the Yamaha the Warwick is lighter...:)
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hi, welcome to talkbass. :)
  13. Hi eagle, and welcome to talkbass. Where in sweden do you live?
  14. eagle

Jun 13, 2002
    in södermanland
  15. eagle

Jun 13, 2002