1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Time Out. Played Live with Others..In front of people..Yikes!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Already In Use, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    Welll...did it! So nervous I dont recall the one actual song that was played. The rest was basically jamming with 2 guitar players and a drummer. I'm 4 months into this. Plugged along. Root notes, some approach notes a few arpeggio's here and there.The guitar guys said good job...that I had rythym and stayed in key. Thanks a bunch to members here. Really has helped a lot on my new journey. This can easily become addicting.

2. Murph#2

Murph#2

Mar 24, 2010
    murph#2
    Oh man stagefright playin in front of a buncha people all starin right at ya huh.... Whew glad did well.:hyper:

3. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Cool, eh?? Gotta dig jammin' in front of folks.

4. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    Very cool! Gave me a ton of tacklin' fuel to go after practicing with.

5. Nothing like hearing people clap and knowing part of it is for you, is there?

6. You taken the next step, and in very short order. Playing live with other musicians is the way to go. I have never received anything but encouragement from the musicians I play with. Having the audience ask you to come back, is also cool. :smug:

Congratulations.

7. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    Unless they were just grateful that I was done playing! Ha!

8. Already In Use

Already In Use

Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks..The guitar players were seasoned old timers. They were extremely supportive. I'm finding the community of musicians online and in real life to be very tight and encouraging.

Makes this old dog learning new tricks feel welcomed.

9. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
  10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    try to record EVERYTHING you do. (you will progress very quickly)

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

When playing live, there seems to be more sensory stuff going on than when doing any other activity.

Glad you had fun, keep it up!