1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First time playing a Zon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lazlo Panaflex, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Man o man, i havent ever been able to play a zon before because there never at my local guitar center, but today was the day. I looked over and i saw a 5 string sonus just sitting there. I was skeptical because i usually hate all 5'ers but man the b was tight and really nice sounding. The neck was also really nice and not to thick for my small hands. Now to start saving! :p

2. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    :hyper: dude, zons are awesome...
    i have a sound clip around here, somewhere... if i can find it, i'll put it up.

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I just played my first Zon a few weeks ago at the local Guitar Center... man that was nice. I definitely plan on buying a high-end bass in the next few months, and Zon just made the list.

4. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I love Zons, but they do have one strange characteristic; To MY ears, there isn't much difference when panning the pickups, and moving your plucking hand up and down doesnt seem to produce as much difference as wood necked basses.