Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First time playing live!!!.......

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jazzcatb17, Mar 12, 2003.

1. jazzcatb17

jazzcatb17

Dec 27, 2002
    Louisville, Ky
    Tonite I had my first experience playing live!, or playing with a full band ( drummer, guitarist, vocals) for that matter. The drummer for our church band was out so our bassist was covering for him, he noticed i was playing around on his bass before practice and asked if i wanted to play, so i gave it a shot. Every song was new to me and we only got to run through once before playing in front of everyone. To make matters worst I had to play a unlined fretless, something i have practically no experience with. But anyways, once we got started i kept up alright, sticking to roots, and occasionally the third or fifth. I made a few dumb mistakes due to sheer nervousness and a bad ear for intonation, but everyone said i sounded pretty good, and it was crazy fun. Im also addicted to the fretless now, must get the Dean HBF out of layaway and learn to play without the "speedbumps". Anyways it was a great time and im still coming down from the high from it. Hopefully the will let me do it again:D

2. Shuller

Shuller

Feb 2, 2003
    moscow, russia
    The first time you'll remember for as long as you live, probably. It's good that you liked it. Good luck for getting more!