1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First time Shipping a Bass (Help)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mz91, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hi Guys,

Just sold my MTD 535 to a gentlemen in Germany. And i will be sending the Bass through the mail for the first time.
    I remember reading a thread on here about shipping basses but that was years ago. Right now im having trouble finding a cardboard box for the Case. And in the case there is some space between the end of the case and the headstock. I dont want the bass moving around during the trip. What material or methods did you guys use to support the bass during its shippping?

Thanks alot for any help i get!

:help:

Michael

2. I had one shipped to me from an ebay sale, and the guy wrapped the neck in bubble wrap inside the case, then bubble wrapped the case, then built a cardboard box around the case itself. Strapped it all with duct and strapping tape. Worked like a charm, (but was a bear to get open after it showed up; worth it, though!) Came to me without a blemish.

I'd definately go for padding the bass anywhere it's got exposed air inside the case. (...around the neck, etc...)

Also; check with guitar/bass shops in your area for boxes that they've gotten stuff in and are throwing out. Worth a look.

Good luck!;)

3. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Thanks. I think ill do it exactly like that.

M

4. If you need to fill dead space in the carton pack it well with crumpled newspaper.