First time Shipping a Bass (Help)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mz91, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hi Guys,

Just sold my MTD 535 to a gentlemen in Germany. And i will be sending the Bass through the mail for the first time.
    I remember reading a thread on here about shipping basses but that was years ago. Right now im having trouble finding a cardboard box for the Case. And in the case there is some space between the end of the case and the headstock. I dont want the bass moving around during the trip. What material or methods did you guys use to support the bass during its shippping?

Thanks alot for any help i get!

2. I had one shipped to me from an ebay sale, and the guy wrapped the neck in bubble wrap inside the case, then bubble wrapped the case, then built a cardboard box around the case itself. Strapped it all with duct and strapping tape. Worked like a charm, (but was a bear to get open after it showed up; worth it, though!) Came to me without a blemish.

I'd definately go for padding the bass anywhere it's got exposed air inside the case. (...around the neck, etc...)

Also; check with guitar/bass shops in your area for boxes that they've gotten stuff in and are throwing out. Worth a look.

Good luck!;)
  3. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Thanks. I think ill do it exactly like that.

4. If you need to fill dead space in the carton pack it well with crumpled newspaper.