1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First time using head/cab setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tgriley62, Nov 6, 2013.

1. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    So, last week I had my first jam session. The drummer told me that he had a bass amp I could use so that I would'nt have to drag my combo amp out, I took it anyway just in case. Anyway I get to his practice studio and when I walk in I see two Kustom tuck and roll 2x15 cabs and each one has a 200w Kustom tuck and roll head. I had not seen one of those since the mid to late 70's, seems every bass player in this area had one in different color's and I always wanted the metallic blue. I plugged my trusty '89 Foundation into one of the rigs and got the tone/volume set and jammed. Now, all I have is a Peavey Max 112II combo that has not had the volume past 2 so it felt great being able to crank up the volume. I know a 200w head isn't ideal but, for someone like me it was a pretty cool sounding setup

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It has very little to do with the amps wattage rating, and almost everything to do with using big spkr cabs.